Monday 24 September 2012

The weight-loss bug bites me!!

Courtesy: Google Images
I have been putting on too much weight lately. Though I noticed, I didn’t really take any action. I read somewhere that an expanding waistline is an indication of a happy marriage. Happy couples are not under any pressure to look attractive for their partner. Taking refuge under the theory, I was happy that we were a happy couple and let my waistline expand.  Even A’s waistline was expanding. It was expanding more than mine was. Therefore, it meant he is happier with the marriage. Last week, when my body refused to fit into my favourite pair of jeans I pressed the panic button. It was the green jeans, which is in trend now. It wasn’t even skinny.  It was like an alarm call to take action.
                I hate it!! I don’t want to go on a diet. I don’t want to exercise. I don’t want to look fat either.  I had to do something. I decided to cut out all fast food. There will be no restriction on home food though. A and I decided to go jogging on all days when I am in Bangalore. Because of the holiday season, I am spending around 12-15 days in Bangalore.  We stay close to IIM campus and it is a blessing. We are using their playground for reducing our flab. On Sunday, we woke up at 6 and went for jogging. At the end of half round, I was panting and felt breathless. It was another alarm call reminding me of my low fitness levels.  If the jogging for 15 days a month doesn’t work, I will have to continue that in Hyderabad also. Damn! Why can’t I get a transfer to Bangalore soon? There can be nothing worse than exercising alone!
                Anyways, like all people, I work better with deadlines. So, the deadline is a cousin’s wedding in December. I should reduce my waist by three inches and my hip by four inches. Wish me luck. Maybe peer bloggers pressure will keep me going. Your suggestions are welcome, as long as they don’t relate to more exercise and a more controlled diet. Till then, happy weight loss to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment