Friday 19 October 2012

Guessing Game

      Before any movie releases, I generally guess as to what the story might be about. Sometimes I don't even have a clue about the movie. A finds it really funny. So, now that Student of the Year released, I thought I might as well make a guess about the story. I have seen the promos and I am surely going to watch it. I told A, " One guy will get the award and the other will get the girl. The guy who gets the award will realise that it came at the cost of love." But A can never agree with me. So he came up with his version. " There can be only one hero in Indian cinema. So, one guy will get both the award and the girl. The other will lose the girl in his race for the award and eventually he will lose the award too." Quite possible! But I didn't admit to A right away. Fingers crossed. I am not reading any reviews until tomorrow. We are going to the movie tomorrow.
      Here I will have to add a little about my story guessing skills. When "Bol Bachchan" released, I just knew that it had Abhishek Bachchan and Ajay Devgn. I didnt have any clue about what it was about and neither did I watch the promos. So I said to A, " I think Abhishek Bachchan's name in the movie will be his real name. He will be dumb and won't be able to speak anything. Unaware of his situation Ajay Devgn will keep saying Bol Bachchan to him." Well, the movie turned out to be quite different, altogether something else. Back then I didn't even know that the phrase 'Bol Bachchan' meant something.
    But this time, I am sure I am right. 'Disco Deewane' will be like 'Koi Mil gaya' of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and one of the guys will realise he is in love with the girl. And 'Ishq wala love' will be like the title track of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Let's wait and see. Will review the movie after watching it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment