Tuesday 21 May 2013

To happy beginnings

      After more than an year of our marriage, finally A and I am staying together. I got my transfer to Bangalore. I am glad it came now. I was getting tired of the travelling. My office in Hyderabad was around 30kms away and I had to endure three and a half hours of commute. I didn't have an option of shifting closer to office as I stayed with my parents. Then I used to travel to Bangalore every alternate weekend. So, all the travel was taking a toll on me. More than physically, I was mentally drained. I used to book tickets two months in advance for all weekends and kept cancelling the extra ones. IRCTC was the most viewed site I guess during the past year. :) And whenever I had to leave A, I would invariably be in tears. I hated saying bye to him. 
      Finally, A and I am together. The office here is just 20 minutes away from home. So I am saving a lot of time. A leaves before me and comes after me. This leaves me with a lot of free time on hand. I am contemplating learning dance or joining a gym to keep me occupied. It's been just a week since I moved here. So, the plan is to just enjoy the free time. Come June and I will get involved in some activity. I will also blog more regularly. 
     I have written a novel last year and had been sending it to  publishers. It's got a reject from most of them and a few who accepted want me to share the costs of publishing. I don't want to resort to vanity publishing. I am thinking of just putting up the whole story as a series of blog posts or putting it as an e-book on Amazon. I can do both also. Still thinking!!! Any other suggestions??
   

2 comments:

  1. Hey R, good to read you after long tie, I was wondering where you disappeared. I am so happy for you and A.I can so relate myself here, how happy you guys would be to start living together. Good luck on the publishing part and if you are publishing it here would love to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we are so happy to be together. The fights have increased though ;) Fun times!! Giving the book some more time, will decide by next month end on what to do.

      Delete