Sunday 26 August 2012

Good movie, great food and an awesome weekend!

        A's sister and her husband had come to Bangalore to visit us. Oh! By the way, A stays in Bangalore while I work and stay in Hyderabad. More about this later. So, we had gone to the movie " Ek tha Tiger". I am a huge fan of Bollywood movies and almost like all the movies. This movie was too good. It had all the ingredients for success mixed in the right proportion. Music was great. Katrina Kaif looked pretty. She had some action sequences to her credit too. Salman Khan was at his best. The humor was nice. Locations were scenic. So all in all, highly recommended. Go and watch it, if you haven't already.
       After the movie we went for lunch to a place called Ruh. It is situated within stone throw from Central at Bellandur. A and I had been there a couple of times earlier. We go there for the ambience. It looks straight out of Arabian nights. We can sit cross legged on plush seating, with candles lit around. There is water surrounding. It really is an oasis of calm and beauty. I am generally not very particular about food. Give me a bowl of curd rice and I will lap it up in five minutes. I am non-fussy like that. But if someone asked me to try a new dish, I am totally against it. Even if a hundred people vouch for it's taste, I would rather prefer to remain hungry. I am kind of fussy like that. So, A and I have mutton shorba and share a plate of chicken biryani. As I said, we don't go there for food. This time on the SIL and BIL's insistence, we tried the Mediterranean cuisine. I was still apprehensive, but I thought I shouldn't be so rigid. I can always order the chicken biryani. We ordered a platter for starters. It had pita bread, some cutlet kind of thing, some sticks ( like the ones they serve on Rajdhani, with soup; only they were much yummier) and some other thing which I don't remember. I should have registered the names. They came with three dips. I liked the dips more than the starters. We liked them so much that we even asked the waiter about the ingredients each contained. Basic everyday stuff cooked in olive oil. It tasted out of the world. For the main course, we ordered two kinds of rice. Some sun-kissed something. Yeah, I know I am being very vague. But it has been my first time and I didn't pay much attention while the food was being ordered.I just thought whatever! One looked like upma and the other like poha. The poha thing was so rich and delicious. Amazing meal!! I want to recommend it to everyone. You can miss the movie, but don't miss the restaurant.
         By the time we finished lunch it was already 4pm. We rushed home. There was a reason for that too. My SIL had a ten month old baby. Oh boy! He was so adorable. So the rest of the evening was spent playing with him. He looks so cute when he is smiling. He looks cute when he yawns too. Actually he looks cute even if he is not doing anything. You get the drift.... I just spent the rest of the evening  looking at him. Watched a good movie, had great food and spent an awesome weekend.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment